The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), with UNEP, ILO, UNIDO, and UNDP have created the Partnership for Action on Green Economy, a collaboration focusing on national capacity development. To introduce stakeholders from government, business, civil society, and academia with an introduction to the concept of "green economy," UNITAR and partners are delivering an eight-week e-learning course, April 20 – June 12, 2015. The course will introduce different concepts and facets of the green economy, as well as global, national and sector-specific challenges and opportunities to advance low-carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive development.
The eight-week course is sectioned into five modules, including:
- Module 1 – Introduction to a Green Economy: Rationale, Concepts and Principles
- Module 2 – Enabling Conditions for Advancing a Green Economy
- Module 3 – Greening the Economy: Sectors and Strategies
- Module 4 – Developing a Balanced and Inclusive Green Economy
- Module 5 – International Developments and Support to Advance a Green Economy
This course is recommended for those interested in obtaining a general understanding about the green economy concept and latest developments, including: civil servants, diplomats, environmental managers, faculty, researchers, students, and interested citizens.
A limited number of slots are available. Learn more and register at https://www.unitar.org/event/introduction-green-economy-concepts-and-applications-7th-edition.