The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is organizing a learning event starting next week that includes webinars and online discussion on designing and implementing Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) in agriculture.
A facilitated online discussion will be held starrting Monday, 20 October to 30 October, 2014, with two webinars as follows:
1) NAMAs in Agriculture Sectors – Getting Ready – Tuesday 21 October 13:45–15:45 hrs (Time zone: UTC +2 – CEST); and
2) NAMA Finance and country cases in Agriculture Sectors – Wednesday 29 October 12:45–14:45 hrs (Note change of clocks: UTC +1 – CET)
Targeted audience: Policy makers, project developers, researchers, civil society and private sector actors working with NAMAs in agriculture.
- To encourage participation and exchange between policy-makers from different countries
- To provide a better understanding of:
- What types of NAMA can be in found in the agriculture sector?
- How to start planning a NAMA in the agriculture sector?
- Where countries can get support and funding to implement NAMAs?
For more information, please visit: http://www.fao.org/climatechange/micca/87484/en/