The Asia LEDS Partnership follows a distributed leadership structure, allocating responsibility for tasks to organizations willing and with available resources to lead activities. The Steering Committee, central to the Asia LEDS Partnership’s activities and direction, will be seeking member nominations this October (2014). Committee members provide strategic direction to identify, design, organize, and deliver support activities to ALP members. Elections are held every two years to re-elect members that wish to continue on and to allow new, interested organizations the opportunity to join the voluntary Committee.
The ALP Secretariat will issue a call this October for Steering Committee nominations and self-nominations. Committee members will serve for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal at the end of each term according to the selection process.
- Nominating and electing Committee Co-Chairs (December 2014)
- Participating in bi-monthly meetings (in person or via conference call)
- Reviewing and providing input to annual ALP work plan, and other documents and decisions
- Support the design of key ALP events
- Provide financial or in-kind support for ALP activities, as able
- Facilitate outreach to broaden awareness and support for LEDS with own organization, country, and/or region
- Participate in LEDS Global Partnership meetings, as applicable
- Recommend, contribute to activities to support Global Partnership work streams, as applicable
Details on how to nominate or self-nominate this fall will follow.