The Asia LEDS Partnership seeks to identify qualified institutions and firms to provide Secretariat services for the network. The Secretariat supports the Partnership's goal in advancing the development of country-led strategic plans to promote economic growth while reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the Asia region. The Secretariat facilitates and promotes regional cooperation and collaboration, and supports learning across member organizations and Asian countries. Its main activities include: organizational development, outreach and communication, regional coordination and mechanisms, and delivery of capacity development and technical assistance. Responses are requested as soon as possible, and no later than April 30, 2015.
As Secretariat, the selected organization would be required to:
- Manage and provide administrative support for implementing activities, including large regional forums, workshops, trainings and other forms of peer exchange, technical assistance, resource development and dissemination, and match-making with existing programs;
- Maintain governance processes according to an existing Terms of Reference, including close coordination with the LEDS Global Partnership Secretariat, the LEDS Global Partnership's technical working groups, and peer regional platforms in Africa, Latin American, and the Caribbean;
- Engage developing country and other members of the Partnership in identifying priority needs and opportunities for facilitating technical support from international and regional partner organizations;
- Coordinate the development of annual activity plans based on input and priorities set by members and in collaboration with the LEDS Global Partnership;
- Handle planning, logistical support, and procurement of goods and services for activities;
- Manage communication with members and other stakeholders (e.g., via newsletters, announcements);
- Maintain the Partnership's online presence, including website and social media platforms;
- Serve as the focal point for member and general inquiries;
- Coordinate fundraising and resource allocation to support Asia LEDS Partnership activities and operations;
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of specific activities and overall network impact;
- Coordinate with partner networks and develop collaborative regional programs with other organizations/networks; and
- Provide other support as appropriate.
For more detailed information, including eligibility criteria and required information to include in response of interest, please view the full Consultation Request.
Responses to this request should be sent to [email protected] with the required information (see Consultation Request) contained on no more than five pages, and without additional materials or attachments. Responses are requested as soon as possible, and no later than April 30, 2015.
Q&A – Additional Clarifications on the Asia LEDS Partnership's Consultation Request
1. Who is the current Asia LEDS Partnership Secretariat? The USAID Low Emissions Asian Development (LEAD) Program currently serves as Secretariat for the Asia LEDS Partnership. For more on the USAID LEAD Program, visit www.lowemissionsasia.org.
2. Will there be financial support for an institution/firm to provide Secretariat services? The successful offeror will be engaged under contract with ICF International (implementing partner of the USAID LEAD Program) to provide Secretariat services, and will receive compensation for these services.
3. Will there be financial support for an institution/firm to provide management and administrative support for implementing activities? The successful offeror will be engaged under contract with ICF International to provide management and administrative support for implementing ALP activities, and will receive compensation for these services.
4. What is the duration for a Secretariat service? The initial subcontract between ICF International and the successful offerer is expected to be approximately July 1, 2015 through no later than September 26, 2016. [See related questions and responses on work beyond this initial period.]
5. How many key team memebrs are needed to support the Secretariat services? Can an "individual consultant" submit a response? Prospective submitters should determine whether they can provide the requested services. The full Request for Proposals, when issued following this initial consultation request and shortlisting of interested candidate institutions/firms, will detail services required. It will be up to the offerer to construct an appropriate team.
6. Is there a preference for a non-profit or a for profit organization to run the Secretariat, or is there no preference? We do not have a preference. All institutions/firms that are interested and meet eligibility criteria listed in the consultation request are invited to submit a response.
7. What is the annual budget range for offering secretariat services? / Could you provide a budget range for this solution, so that we can provide an effective solution that is appropriate to that resources allocated to the requested services? The full Request for Proposals, when issued following this initial consultation request and shortlisting of interested candidate institutions/firms, will detail services required. It will be up to the offeror to construct their budget estimate.
8. Will the initial agreement with USAID be a cooperative agreement or a contract? The initial agreement will be a subcontract between ICF International (implementing partner of the USAID Low Emissions Asian Development Program) and the successful offeror.
9. Beyond the stated 1-year term, what is the possibility and/or mechanism for longer term support of the Asia LEDS Partnership? A key responsibility of the Secretariat will be to help formulate and implement a fundraising campaign, which will target international development organizations, donor agencies, and other interested parties to secure longer-term support for the Asia LEDS Partnership.
10. Is the Secretariat intended to be self-sustaining as a stand-alone organization? Is it envisioned that the Secretariat would be funded primarily by ODA funds? We anticipate that continued funding from international development organizations, donor agencies, and other interested parties would be required to cover the operating costs of the Asia LEDS Partnership Secretariat, and its various activities.
11. We have internal resources with donor fundraising experience, but it is not a core service that we provide to our clients – would this be an obstacle for an organization to provide the suite of Secretariat services for Asia LEDS partnership? A key responsibility of the Secretariat will be to help formulate and implement a fundraising campaign to secure longer-term support for the Asia LEDS Partnership.
12. Our global headquarters [is not based in Asia] – would this also be an obstacle for an organization to provide the suite of Secretariat services for Asia LEDS Partnership? Per the notice, the institution/firm must “be based in Asia – with preference given to Asian organizations and firms”. Offerors with multiple operations and offices should clearly explain their operating structure.