- expansion of supporting policies in developing economies
- additions to electricity generating capacity
- progress made in renewables heating and cooling
- shifts in investments
- leaders in renewable energy deployment
- evolution of the renewable energy field in the last decade
First released in 2005, REN21's Renewables Global Status Report (GSR) provides a comprehensive and timely overview of renewable energy market, industry, investment and policy developments worldwide. It enables policymakers, industry, investors and civil society to make informed decisions. The report covers recent developments, current status, and key trends; by design, it does not provide analysis or forecast.