For the first time, the LEDS Global Partnership will be recognizing key individuals who are advancing Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) in significant ways, helping to pave the way forward for green growth.
Specifically, we are looking for leaders and advocates of Low Emission Development Strategies who are
- Leading LEDS Design
- Acting on LEDS Implementation
- Achieving Results in green growth and LEDS
Successful nominees will have demonstrated commitment to the principles of LEDS and green growth; used tools and approaches in an effective and innovative ways; consistently reached out to and worked with various stakeholders; taken action at multiple levels of government and society; and shown a personal presence and leadership that is inspiring others to action and can serve as a regional or global model for replication.
There are three award categories.
- Leading design: Nominees in this category should be conducting planning and analysis, preparing general frameworks and policies, and/or preparing and issuing laws and regulations.
- Acting on implementation: Nominees in this category will be seeking and securing financing, moving LEDS programs forward in new and unexpected ways, and Integrating national and sub-national actions.
- Achieving results: Nominees in this category will be driving tangible social, economic, and environmental benefits from LEDS.
Nominees will be recognized at the LEDS Global Partnership (LEDS GP) Annual Workshop in Dominican Republic (DR), October 14-16, 2015